NOTICE: This site has gone though an upgrade and as part of the update your password will not work. You will need to use the "I forgot my password" option to have an email sent with recovery instructions. Once this has been completed and your password is updated you will be able to login. We apologize for the inconvenience however it was necessary to keep code up to date and your account safe.

-Admin

Weapons and Damage

Your house rules, and add-ons
OmegaCrusader
Unknown Quantity
Unknown Quantity

Weapons and Damage

Post by OmegaCrusader »

Our group has been using Bash! UE now for superhero games as the goto system for quite some time. We've even used it for a couple of one shot zombie games, a Top Secret like campaign, and Star Wars like campaign.

I picked up Legends of Steel because I love Conan and was curious how the setting was. I've enjoyed everything that I've read, it's a nice variation. I've been toying with the idea of making a Thundarr game (with perhaps some He-Man type tech) since most of the guys in my group grew up with that cartoon.

I was probably still going to use Bash! UE but carry over the LoS weapon rules. Do you think this would throw anything off? I was curious why the rules differ in that area? Is it solely because in Bash! UE heroes don't typically use weapons or a mechanic I might be missing in regards to Soak or too much damage because of increased Brawn or such?

I know in LoS you use your Brawn Score with the addition of the weapon's DM but in Bash you use a set multiplier with a result bonus of x5 Brawn (up to a maximum of +15) for the damage. Thanks!
MrJupiter
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero

Re: Weapons and Damage

Post by MrJupiter »

I'm not too confident on the conversion of Heroic-level BASH games with the super heroics of Ultimate Edition, but I don't believe that there would be any major porblems with using the Legends of Steel equipment list for your supers games. I know that Awesome Powers 8 has a great update on melee weapons on page 18 and AP 6 has many HTH, ranged and explosive items listed on pages 13 through 17.