Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
13 October 2019 20:57:54 PDT (GMT -7)

BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - What conversions or new settings would you like to see?

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What conversions or new settings would you like to see?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH! Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soullessgaze
Unknown Quantity
Unknown Quantity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BASHMAN wrote:
It does have zombies written up, in the "Post apocalyptic" subgenre section. so that I can say you're covered on.

I don't know eclipse phase, however.

Eclipse Phase is a posthuman hard sf setting that has strong horror components. Kind of like the Dead Space setting in video games and the Alien movies; maybe with some Blade Runner thrown in (the closest parallels I can think of, as I've never read much posthumanism literature, but I love the settngs). But with distinct political factions vying for control and everyone is genetically enhanced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_Phase_%28role-playing_game%29

Btw, how gritty can this game get?

Also, the blurb says that the game covers: "Many more hazards to challenge your Heroes. Spacewalks, vacuum, low/high/zero gravity, radiation, can be dealt with by the rules." Does also cover the terrestrial hazards such as extreme heat and cold? I just want to make sure.

I'm obsessed with survival horror scenarios, and I'm always on the lookout for good rules lite systems that can do that genre well. And I'm getting a very good feeling with Bash! Sci Fi, btw.
AngryGhost
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think BASH sci fi would do a reasonable job with Eclipse Phase however I love the system for it as it stands.

I think the pros of using BASH sci fi for Eclipse Phase would mitigate the main problem that some folk (not me) have, which usually revolves around how long it can take to create a character, especially as the game pushes the notion of changing bodies (morphs) often (reskinning). BASH makes it very easy to create characters.

The cons of using BASH is that whilst everything can be recreated in it you may find that some of the more subtle powers/augmentations etc might not feel quite as unique as in Eclipse phase, as it has multiple lists for such things.

(BASHMAN - worth checking out Eclipse Phase, it's legally free to download the pdf due to the creative commons licence, uses an interesting variant of D100% and manages to merge hard(er) science and Trans/Post Humanism with plenty of action. Slightly similar feel to Shadowrun, and has similar bits and pieces in there - no orcs mind)

MeetsInTaverns/Cowboy Hat/Angry Ghost
flyingcircus
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my BASH Sci-Fi copy at Noble Knight and he still has some in stock.
CauldronOfEvil
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BASHMAN wrote:
A pulp-ish "Journey to the Center of the Earth" or Sword & Planet ala "Barsoom" type thing may be cool.

I got a good start on BASH: Barsoom but abandoned it because...well I do that sometimes....
MrJupiter
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CauldronOfEvil wrote:
BASHMAN wrote:
A pulp-ish "Journey to the Center of the Earth" or Sword & Planet ala "Barsoom" type thing may be cool.

I got a good start on BASH: Barsoom but abandoned it because...well I do that sometimes....

Yeah, that happens to me all the time. I have dozens of half started projects but usually loose interest when some shiny new rpg system catches my eye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH! Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: