Welcome to BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes
Honor + Intrigue!!  Cinematic Swashbuckling Rolepaying Game
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::
   
Menu
 
Site Information
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 26,487,697
  • Today: 8,760
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 09, 2020
  • 07:31 pm EDT
 
 
BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - Chimera: Ch 1, Mama B and Company

 
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chimera: Ch 1, Mama B and Company
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Play-by-Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dustland
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero


Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 1158
Location: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boost: You feel a feral might surge through your body; you're about to comment on the coarse hair that sprouts from your skin as you absorb a bit of Fenris's power when the bomb explodes. 1 pt of damage

Nestor: You raise your hand to create a wall of fire to protect the group but you are a moment too late. 82 pts of damage, ouch!

Protheuz: Your body slips into its shadow form just as the familiar fear of combat hits you. The blinding flash and flame tear through your shadowy form. 34 pts of damage

Volsung: Your remarkable agility and physical durability leave you unharmed despite being thrown across the remains of the house. 0 pts of damage

Saker: You grab Mama B and dive out the back door, smashing through the frame just as the house erupts in flame and concussion. You land with a thud in the yard, unharmed. Despite your great size, you nimbly roll on your shoulder and return to your feet with Mama B in your arms.

You shield her body with yours as the remains of her home fall from the sky in a fiery display. You look down at her to ask if she's ok and you see her dark eyes glittering and a wide, warm smile cross her face, the smell of blood is strong and slick from the gapping wound in her back.

"Guess I'm going home sugar," she whispers hoarsely as a trickle of blood flows from her mouth. "Gotta get 'round to talkin' to the Doorman. I...." Her voice fades though the smile never leaves her face. She touches your face like a mother might touch a newborn's, then she's gone.
_________________
Come by and poke around!
www.Super6Games.com
Also come join us on facebook, the link\'s at the website...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Saker
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: Jul 05, 2010
Posts: 743
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustland wrote:
She touches your face like a mother might touch a newborn's, then she's gone.


The roar that bellows from Fenris sounds somewhere between a classic lion and angry mother grizzly bear, except it is longer and finishes in anguish.

After a pause to collect his focus of surging adrenaline, Fenris closes Mama B's eyes, arranges their clothing to cover her face and prepares to carry her body as far as necessary. Fenris hides and starts to sense around the area for the rest of the team, his backpack of personal belongings, and enemy reinforcements.

[bash:6f0ea157f1="Hide"]5,0,0 = 2028993116 [/bash:6f0ea157f1]
[bash:6f0ea157f1="Sight"]2,0,0 = 2078644627 [/bash:6f0ea157f1]
[bash:6f0ea157f1="Sound"]5,0,0 = 974652532 [/bash:6f0ea157f1]
[bash:6f0ea157f1="Smell"]5,0,0 = 478737119 [/bash:6f0ea157f1]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Protheuz
Hero
Hero


Joined: Aug 14, 2010
Posts: 342


PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the bang, the light and the kinetic energy shoving him to all places, Nycto flies up from the rubble, where a large piece of the roof was piercing his shadow body.
Luck?

As he surveys the "battleground" he hears and sees Fenris, approaching him.
"What happened?"

OCC: As Nycto approaches Fenris, he will try to use his skill in gunnery to see (the general direction) from where the missile/shot came, and what type of Shot/missile was.

[bash:393d288080]2,0,0 = 547883563 [/bash:393d288080]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nestor
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Posts: 627
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Taking over 4/5 of his total HP in one shot does seem a bit excessive for a "plot device" unless it truly is your intention to have Javier be a bloody broken mess buried under the rubble.

Could I use my Hero Dice for a "Whew! That was close!" moment and have the Force Field activate in time?]
_________________
Reality Bites... and I have the toothmarks to prove it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dustland
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero


Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 1158
Location: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saker You slip into the flickering shadows to calm your rage and take note of your surroundings. In the distance, you hear the sound of numerous sirens starting up, no doubt responding to the explosion. As you sniff the air, you detect something odd. It smells metallic and it hangs heavily in the air, as though a powdered metal was dispersed about the area.

Protheuz [Unless Nycto wants to roll to search for Fenris, he doesn't see him.] You're at a loss as to what exactly struck the house, but it appears to have exploded just above it by the way the roof got knocked straight down into the structure.

Nestor You whine like a pregnant mule; you're not dead yet! Smile You bring up a good point though that I'll address in the other thread. And no, you can't because you don't have one.

[/i]
_________________
Come by and poke around!
www.Super6Games.com
Also come join us on facebook, the link\'s at the website...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Saker
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: Jul 05, 2010
Posts: 743
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From his shadowy hiding place, Fenris calls out. "Nova's, we need to leave now. Mama B is dead. There's a fine metallic powder in the air. I suspect it will be used to track us. We need a place to wash off like a river or a hotel that won't ask questions... and new clothes. Civil emergency personnel are on their way."

Fenris pauses to let that sink in. "Anybody have any bright ideas on where to go? Does anyone need help to move? We need to leave now. We can discuss everything later."

Fenris searches his recent memory entering Horizon City for a river, car wash, salvation army clothes outlet, cheap hotels, etc. He also weighs the pros and cons of taking Mama B on the run or leaving her at her destroyed home, so she can receive a proper burial.

When we look back on this time, this will be the instant that THEY started the war against us. Mama B is the war's first casualty. THEY have won their pearl harbor or 9/11, but THEY will not win the war while Fenris still breathes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nestor
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Posts: 627
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Fine. I'm a whiner. Rolling Eyes]

A bonfire erupts from within the debris. From it crawls a torn, bloodied Javier, what little clothes remaining on him scorched and burnt.

A string of hoarse Spanish curses sputter out of his mouth along with bloody spittle. He staggers drunkenly to his feet only to fall back to the ground. His second attempt is marginally more successful in that he manages to stay upright.

He looks around at the destruction around him and his dust-and-blood streaked face breaks into a crooked grin. "Motherf**kers try to bomb me out, but you still ain't got the juice to take Javi Esposito out. You hear me, pendejos! I'm still standing!"

His expression turns to befuddlement. "I don't feel so good," he manages to announce before he collapses again.
_________________
Reality Bites... and I have the toothmarks to prove it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Volsung
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: May 22, 2010
Posts: 670


PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey, easy Rambo" murmurs Harrison/Overdrive as he catch the crippled latino.
"Holy sh*t!How can you stand up after such a punishment? " he declares, noticing Javier's pretty bad shape.
"Can you walk? Where are the others?" he asks as he holds him.
Harrison has changed,he's now covered by a suit of an undefined matter that fits him like a second skin.
(something like this)

Then the tearing roar of Fenris echoes.
_________________
Detective Zero
Code:
 Hits: 100 Hero P: 1 Hero D: 1 Setback P: 0 

Charges left for actual scene
Scan: 3 Telepath: 3 Daze: 3 Speed:Available
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nestor
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Posts: 627
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volsung wrote:
"Hey, easy Rambo" murmurs Harrison/Overdrive as he catch the crippled latino.
"Holy sh*t!How can you stand up after such a punishment? " he declares, noticing Javier's pretty bad shape.
"Can you walk? Where are the others?" he asks as he holds him.
Harrison has changed,he's now covered by a suit of an undefined matter that fits him like a second skin.
(something like this)


Javier's eyes finally manage to focus on his helper. "Dude," he mumbles dazedly, "You look like a giant dildo."

Quote:

Then the tearing roar of Fenris echoes.


"Coño," Javier says, as consciousness forces its way through the shock. "sounds like the big guy. Go check on him, Trojan Man."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Volsung
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: May 22, 2010
Posts: 670


PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And you look like an used tampon, we're such a lovely couple." he declares with emphasis.
"Glad to hear that exquisite sense of humour is intact. Rest here I'll check our friend."
_________________
Detective Zero
Code:
 Hits: 100 Hero P: 1 Hero D: 1 Setback P: 0 

Charges left for actual scene
Scan: 3 Telepath: 3 Daze: 3 Speed:Available
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Volsung
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: May 22, 2010
Posts: 670


PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Ok, I missed the post were Fenris calls out the group.Maybe we need Dustland to validate our leads or streetwise rolls...)

"Mama B is dead?!...That's...insane! And you say we're now marked?"(or bugged not sure about the expression) Overdrive asks, looking for Fenris in the shadows.
"Mama B was kindess itself...What's wrong with them? Who did this?!"
_________________
Detective Zero
Code:
 Hits: 100 Hero P: 1 Hero D: 1 Setback P: 0 

Charges left for actual scene
Scan: 3 Telepath: 3 Daze: 3 Speed:Available
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Protheuz
Hero
Hero


Joined: Aug 14, 2010
Posts: 342


PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nycto looks at the debris and its splatter area, and analyses the situation:
The debris field is splattered in a even disposition indicating a missile shot from the air, in a descent course, or a shell (cannon, mortar) from a medium distance, falling after passing the Zenith point. The shooter knows what he is doing. And if he does another shot is probable to follow...

As he realizes this he shouts a warning to the others, agreeing with Fenris words "We have to get out of here fast. If this was a shell another must be coming. "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Volsung
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: May 22, 2010
Posts: 670


PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Then let's run like hell.We've got to be out of their range first...And about that metal dust i wouldn't mind a plunge in the (nearby?) lake...Maybe we can loose them more efficiently by scattering...but we must decide a default rendez-vous point"
_________________
Detective Zero
Code:
 Hits: 100 Hero P: 1 Hero D: 1 Setback P: 0 

Charges left for actual scene
Scan: 3 Telepath: 3 Daze: 3 Speed:Available
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nestor
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Posts: 627
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javier takes the flood of information in the expected manner of someone who's just survived having a house fall on him.

"Wa' da fu'?" he mutters, still swaying to an invisible breeze.

He pats the ruined remains of his pants, "Hol' on, we'll take my truck," he slurs, then curses, "Dammit, where're my keys?"

At the comment about metal dust, he staggers away from the group. "No problem, ese. I got that covered."

He suddenly bursts into flames, so that his body is lost in the blaze. The fire inexplicably goes out again, revealing Javier with all the dust and dirt literally burnt off of him. Along with the rest of his clothes.
_________________
Reality Bites... and I have the toothmarks to prove it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saker
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: Jul 05, 2010
Posts: 743
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Fenris hears the rest of the Nova's moving, alive and ready to go [assuming Boost is OK too, since he got Fenris's power], he decides to leave Mama B here. He leaves his shadowy hideout and carries her to the closest undamaged section of the house to the street and reverently places her on the ground. After pausing several seconds, he gets up and joins the group.

"Javier, you're naked. Now you will draw more attention than me or the tin can here," thumbing to Overdrive. "Also, the metal powder is still in the air, it's probably coating you again. Take my jacket at least, streaker, " Fenris pulls off his large worn jean jacket, so he is just wearing his black hoodie and constinues. "Javier, if we take your truck, it will be contaminated from the metal powder, too. On the other hand, leaving it here will place you here, so it's your call when you lose the truck."

"Nycto, I agree that THEY can strike again, but why would THEY? Civilians are already alerted and the metal powder covers us. Plus, Mama B is dead. Maybe their mission parameters are already successful. If THEY wanted us dead or captured now, THEY would quickly follow up with even more military reinforcements, which I don't hear coming. However, THEY are probably watching us on satellite" Fenris responds to the former soldier and gives the sky the one-finger salute.

After a pause looking at the Novas, Fenris offers, "guys, let's take Javier's truck to one of those open car washes out of the emergency response radius and hose off. We can rinse the truck and leave it there without its plates. From there, we need to find fresh clothes within walking distance and dispose of the soiled ones; although, I think Javier can do that fairly easily. After that we can break up, because we are more efficient sticking together to start."

Fenris looks around the guys for consent. "If you have better ideas, let's hear them, because we need to leave now."
_________________
The Sky Marshall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Play-by-Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
  
  

Jump to:   

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

Page Generation: 0.07 Seconds
:: BASH! style by Basic Action Games ::