Welcome to BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes
Honor + Intrigue!!  Cinematic Swashbuckling Rolepaying Game
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::
   
Menu
 
Site Information
Your IP: 18.204.48.40

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
18 October 2019 14:41:41 PDT (GMT -7)
 
BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - Chimera: Ch 1, Mama B and Company

 
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chimera: Ch 1, Mama B and Company
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Play-by-Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dustland
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero


Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 1158
Location: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Chimera: Ch 1, Mama B and Company Reply with quote

Mama B's house is a quaint 1930s craftsman style home, well cared for and decorated with a small but colorful garden. A 1980s Oldsmobile sits in the driveway over an oil stain that grows a drop or two every day. The house is not hard to find this fall evening; most of the other homes in this dated neighborhood are boarded up, burned down, or halfway inbetween, a sign of the economic turmoil Horizon City has experienced over the last few decades.

You park in front of Mama B's house, gather your thoughts and your courage, then walk up the sidewalk to the front door. You ring the doorbell and you hear a woman call out. A moment later, a rather portly dark skinned woman opens the door with the warmest smile you've ever seen; she ignores your outstretched hand and gives you a hug. Despite any misgivings you may have, you instantly feel at home.

(cont)
_________________
Come by and poke around!
www.Super6Games.com
Also come join us on facebook, the link\'s at the website...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dustland
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero


Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 1158
Location: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sugar, get your buns in here. I'm so glad to finally meet you! I'm Mabel Bethke, but I prefer Mama B; you ever call me Mrs. Bethke, you'll regret it!" Her sincerety is as genuine as it comes. Within moments cookies and over-sweetened iced tea are in your hand and she sits you down. "So tell me about yourself honey."

[Please describe your character, what name he gives, and whatever info you want the other players to know. Also, if you want to do something else before approaching the house or while you're in the house, let me know via PM]
_________________
Come by and poke around!
www.Super6Games.com
Also come join us on facebook, the link\'s at the website...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Volsung
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: May 22, 2010
Posts: 670


PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First! (and I conclude my character is also the first to arrive)
Harrison seats cosily in a couch and accepts drinks and cookies with a bright smile,
He's a kind of blond, blue eyed handsome hunk in standard but understated clothes: brand leather jacket, jeans & t shirt, (Complete ideal cliché of a young tv/comic hero.)

Ğ Well,,,Thanks for the welcome, your cookies are divine ğ His smile widens (if that was even possible)
Ğ I'm Harrison, nice to meet you, ğ
He pauses a bit embarrassed,
Ğ That's funny you know,,,You remind me of that adorable lady in that book,,,The Stand ,The one who got answers,,,Because  I'm,,, ğ
He lets slip a little laugh and ruffle his hair a bit,
Ğ I'm one of 'them',,,You know,,, And I guess you're one of them too?...The 'Novas'... ğ
_________________
Detective Zero
Code:
 Hits: 100 Hero P: 1 Hero D: 1 Setback P: 0 

Charges left for actual scene
Scan: 3 Telepath: 3 Daze: 3 Speed:Available


Last edited by Volsung on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Protheuz
Hero
Hero


Joined: Aug 14, 2010
Posts: 342


PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nondescript average sized man, with dark brown eyes and close cropped (near military style) hair is next to arrive.
With a raspy voice he introduces himself to the woman at the door "I’m Nycto from the Forums at Nova.net. I’m here, as I said I would”.

He’s around his mid twenties and seems athletic beneath his clothes – Light Brown pocketed pants, a simple blue shirt, and denim coat, all which have seen better days.

Somehow, his face has a hard edge and seems a little tighter than the usual you'd expect in a young man. His eyes show knowledge of pain.

As the plump woman grabs him, something inside feels right This..It feels safe… Finally.
"Nice to meet you, Mama B."

He enters the house and looks at the young man seated, eating and nods towards him saying “I’m Nycto.”
_________________
The fire within is the brightest of all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dustland
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero


Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 1158
Location: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Whoever arrives next needs to PM me first!]
_________________
Come by and poke around!
www.Super6Games.com
Also come join us on facebook, the link\'s at the website...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Volsung
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: May 22, 2010
Posts: 670


PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustland wrote:
[Whoever arrives next needs to PM me first!]

Can we continue to roleplay or do we have to wait for other players?
_________________
Detective Zero
Code:
 Hits: 100 Hero P: 1 Hero D: 1 Setback P: 0 

Charges left for actual scene
Scan: 3 Telepath: 3 Daze: 3 Speed:Available
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boost
Hero
Hero


Joined: Aug 06, 2010
Posts: 315


PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustland wrote:
[Whoever arrives next needs to PM me first!]

I've sent you a PM.


Last edited by Boost on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dustland
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero


Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 1158
Location: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[If you can delete your last post Boost, please do. Also, the last two posts are in extremely small font, is that happenings to anyone else?]


Turning to Harrison, Mama B shakes her head as he makes a reference to The Stand, "Oh no Sugar, I don't go reading no Stephen King books. That man's got the devil's tongue, I tell you true! As to being a Nova, I believe I am, but I'll wait 'til the others are here so we can all talk about that."

She turns her attention to the hard faced young man who calls himself Nycto. "You've got some old eyes for such a young man. I'm sorry for what you've seen, but know this young man, me and baby Jesus is here for yah. I..."

Her last statement is cut off by the most unholy sounding howls which seem to originate from all around the house. Not the mournful, throaty howls of dogs, but more like the night sighing it's last breath before something darker takes it.
_________________
Come by and poke around!
www.Super6Games.com
Also come join us on facebook, the link\'s at the website...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Volsung
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: May 22, 2010
Posts: 670


PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison frowns and tenses on the sofa.
"Whoever made that noise. He's one of us right?" he asks with a fixed grin looking at Mama B, watching out for her expression.
"Maybe we've got a kind of 'Dark Knight' in our ranks and that's his grand entrance?...Right?..."

(I guess my danger sense is 'off' since i'm not transformed)
_________________
Detective Zero
Code:
 Hits: 100 Hero P: 1 Hero D: 1 Setback P: 0 

Charges left for actual scene
Scan: 3 Telepath: 3 Daze: 3 Speed:Available
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Protheuz
Hero
Hero


Joined: Aug 14, 2010
Posts: 342


PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan tenses, straightning out and assuming a ready position.
The Hounds....
With his raspy voice he says "Trouble aproaching the house. Be ready..."
_________________
The fire within is the brightest of all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saker
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: Jul 05, 2010
Posts: 743
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After two knocks, the BACK door opens. In walks a man who fills the doorframe at 6-foot, 6-inches and 285-lb of pure muscle. He wears an old jean jacket over an XXXL plain black hoodie, worn desert fatigue pants, and rough brown cowboy boots. His hair is a dirty blonde shock with wild mutton chops. His eyes are piercing blue with a Frightening Presence. His hands look large enough to palm a basketball and end with extra large, sharp fingernails.

He looks around the room. "Fenris, you can call me Fenris. You must be Mama B from the Nova.net," he nods in her direction. He walks toward and gets three cookies. "They smelled good." As he grins, you also notice that his canine teeth appear larger than normal, too.

Fenris drops his backpack on a table and puts his back against a wall. After devouring two cookies in quick succession, he looks at Mama B, "are those your pets out there? Or are they your Nova?"


Last edited by Saker on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boost
Hero
Hero


Joined: Aug 06, 2010
Posts: 315


PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immediately after the howls you hear a young boy's shocked yell.
Quote:
Rest of actions are in a PM I sent Dustland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Protheuz
Hero
Hero


Joined: Aug 14, 2010
Posts: 342


PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nycto looks at Fenris, the new arrival, shackes his head, with a smile on his lips and murmurs "Trouble... It figures."

As he hears the kids yell though, he becomes stone-faced again and storms towards it, hoping to see what's happening.
Dang... Don't do anything stupid...Please.
_________________
The fire within is the brightest of all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Volsung
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: May 22, 2010
Posts: 670


PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Greetings!"
Harrison waves to the two newcomers.
"Fenris? Like the giant wolf from the norse mythology?
He shivers and thinks //Those two are not the live wire type...//
He nods.
"And Nycto? I guess those are code names. Amusing how Novas enjoy these. I had to rack my brain to find one. I ended with 'Overdrive'..."
He dares to ask Fenris "Do you have something to do with those howls?"
Then they hear the yell.
"Well, not a damsel in distress but duty calls!"
He raises.
"Mama B 's invitation also attracted unwanted guests."
_________________
Detective Zero
Code:
 Hits: 100 Hero P: 1 Hero D: 1 Setback P: 0 

Charges left for actual scene
Scan: 3 Telepath: 3 Daze: 3 Speed:Available
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saker
Paragon
Paragon


Joined: Jul 05, 2010
Posts: 743
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon hearing the boy's yell, Fenris looks at the ceiling and concentrates. His eyes close as he breathes deeply several times.

Last edited by Saker on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Play-by-Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
  
  

Jump to:   

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.


The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2010 by Basic Action Games.




(Original PHP-Nuke Code Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi)
Page Generation: 0.16 Seconds
:: BASH! style by Basic Action Games ::