Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
14 October 2019 17:24:13 PDT (GMT -7)

BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - Hero Dice

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hero Dice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH! Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason_Sunday
Costumed Crimefighter
Costumed Crimefighter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Hero Dice Reply with quote

Maybe I am missing it somewhere, but from what I have read Hero Dice are gained through XP or GM award only. Is this right?
BillionSix
Costumed Crimefighter
Costumed Crimefighter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Hero Dice Reply with quote

Jason_Sunday wrote:
Maybe I am missing it somewhere, but from what I have read Hero Dice are gained through XP or GM award only. Is this right?

From what I recall, you get 1 Hero Die per adventure. And you can trade 5 Hero Points for 1 Hero Die. Hero Points are either part of your character (from coming in under budget at character generation) or granted to you by the GM.

Brian
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also as Narrator I usually will begin the game at 5 points Higher than what I had the players create characters for- this ensures there are hero points to go around. If they are fighting a *really hard* badguy that session, I may even increase the amount.

Also, don't forget Team Up actions = Hero Die and a Plot Twist = 3 Hero Points for the players.

Hero points should be given out pretty often when players do something creative, cool, or very in genre.

You can also "bank" up to 10 Hero Points between sessions as well- and that's worth 2 hero dice right there.

If a session of play is really long, you can always divide it up into 2 issues (I usually do this for the 8 hour Convention games I run).
Jason_Sunday
Costumed Crimefighter
Costumed Crimefighter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Hero Dice Reply with quote

BillionSix wrote:
Jason_Sunday wrote:

From what I recall, you get 1 Hero Die per adventure. And you can trade 5 Hero Points for 1 Hero Die. Hero Points are either part of your character (from coming in under budget at character generation) or granted to you by the GM.

Brian
I remember reading this in BASH! UE but not in BASH! SF. I was just checking that it should apply in SF.
Jason_Sunday
Costumed Crimefighter
Costumed Crimefighter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BASHMAN wrote:
Also as Narrator I usually will begin the game at 5 points Higher than what I had the players create characters for- this ensures there are hero points to go around. If they are fighting a *really hard* badguy that session, I may even increase the amount.

Also, don't forget Team Up actions = Hero Die and a Plot Twist = 3 Hero Points for the players.

Hero points should be given out pretty often when players do something creative, cool, or very in genre.

You can also "bank" up to 10 Hero Points between sessions as well- and that's worth 2 hero dice right there.

If a session of play is really long, you can always divide it up into 2 issues (I usually do this for the 8 hour Convention games I run).
Thanks BASHMAN!
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh also, you can spend 1XP to get a Hero Die.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH! Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: