Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
14 October 2019 16:32:47 PDT (GMT -7)

BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - Babbington-Smythe and the Jade Dragon

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Babbington-Smythe and the Jade Dragon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Play-by-Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gadgetman
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years of experience kick in in an instant, pain is forgotten, without conscious thought my x bow is brought up and aimed on instinct at my attacker. The first bolt to be fired is an entangle bolt, knowing how these bastard assassins like to jump about I aim to slow them up for another better aimed shot.
Should my entangle bolt find its mark, the second bolt will be aimed for their stomach, an easy shot but one that will cause excruciating pain without instant death.
If this works I close with my would be assassin and kick any weapons out of his/her hand stunning them with a well aimed boot or x bow butt. Should I succeed in this I will immediately reload wary of further attackers. Should the Captain or crew try to intercede I informed them that this assassin is mine to question, and no one should try to stop me.
Not being a fool and knowing how assassins work I pull the dagger from my arm (keeping it for later examination, for clues etc) before dousing and flushing the wound with brandy. If my would be assassin is unconscious I first search them for information, along with poisons look for antidotes, obviously checking them before imbibing them.
My wound seen to and my would be assassin incapacitated I set about 'questioning' them not being above the use of a hot iron.
If my assassin should die in our confrontation I search them as before for clues as to who they are and for poisons and antidotes.
If I should find that my bolts do not kill, incapacitate or slow my attacker down I am not above using dirty fighting techniques acquired from years of fighting at sea.
As a last resort in hand to hand I pull my flintlock (I think I acquired one in an adventure but rarely use it as I am better with the x bow) shoving it into the assassins gut and firing point blank.
bigsteveuk
Superhero
Superhero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reeling from the pain you draw your crossbow and launch two quarrels at the assassin.

OCC:
Dice Roll - Smythe - Entangle Bolt:
Original Roll String: 3,0,0   =   Mult: 3,   Dice Mod: 0,   Result Mod: 0   
Dice Roll: 5 + 3 = 8 + 0 = 8    Fixed
Final Result: ( 3 * 8 ) + 0 = 24

Dice Roll - Smythe – Std Bolt - Hit:
Dice Roll: 4 + 5 = 9 + 0 = 9    Fixed
Final Result: ( 3 * 9 ) + 0 = 27

Dice Roll - Smythe – Std Bolt - Dmg:
Dice Roll: 1 + 3 = 4 + 0 = 4    Fixed
Final Result: ( 3 * 4 ) + 0 = 12

Gadgetman
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should my entangle bolt find its mark, the second bolt will be aimed for their stomach, an easy shot but one that will cause excruciating pain without instant death.
If this works I close with my would be assassin and kick any weapons out of his/her hand stunning them with a well aimed boot or x bow butt. Should I succeed in this I will immediately reload wary of further attackers. Should the Captain or crew try to intercede I informed them that this assassin is mine to question, and no one should try to stop me.
Not being a fool and knowing how assassins work I pull the dagger from my arm (keeping it for later examination, for clues etc) before dousing and flushing the wound with brandy. If my would be assassin is unconscious I first search them for information, along with poisons look for antidotes, obviously checking them before imbibing them.
My wound seen to and my would be assassin incapacitated I set about 'questioning' them not being above the use of a hot iron.
If my assassin should die in our confrontation I search them as before for clues as to who they are and for poisons and antidotes.
If I should find that my bolts do not kill, incapacitate or slow my attacker down I am not above using dirty fighting techniques acquired from years of fighting at sea.
As a last resort in hand to hand I pull my flintlock (I think I acquired one in an adventure but rarely use it as I am better with the x bow) shoving it into the assassins gut and firing point blank.
bigsteveuk
Superhero
Superhero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dice Roll - Assassin – Escape :
Original Roll String: 2,0,0   =   Mult: 2,   Dice Mod: 0,   Result Mod: 0   
Dice Roll: 5 + 2 = 7 + 0 = 7    Fixed
Final Result: ( 2 * 7 ) + 0 = 14

Your first bolt entangles your foe, the second bolt grazes his shoulder.

The assassin struggles against his bonds, though fails to escape this round.

What do you do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Play-by-Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: