Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
13 October 2019 21:05:47 PDT (GMT -7)

BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - [Recruiting] Play By Email - The New Defenders

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Recruiting] Play By Email - The New Defenders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Play-by-Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonga
Unknown Quantity
Unknown Quantity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: [Recruiting] Play By Email - The New Defenders Reply with quote

Three months ago, Megapolis was a shining beacon for justice. Criminals knew that if they tried to ply their trade, the cities superheroes would be there to stop them. Superhero teams like the mysterious Blackout, the governments URGENT, and the cities own "official" team The Defenders, were more than a match for anyone looking to cause trouble.

That was until the Doppleganger War shook the city. People woke to discover that most of the heroes and heroines they had been relying on had been replaced, and the new versions were being controlled by the secret organization HUSH. The dopplegangers almost succeeded in taking over the city, but were stopped by the few original heroes who managed to escape from HUSH, and the few who had been lucky enough not to be replaced yet.

But the cost of victory was high. Over half the superheroes in the city were either dead from the fighting, or still missing. Megapolis is no longer protected, and the criminals have slowly begun to realize this. The city needs new heroes. The city needs The New Defenders.

This is a play by email game (run on a private mailing list), using the BASH roleplaying system and set in the official BASH setting of Megapolis. For people familiar with the setting, "Year One" hasn't happened yet - the "Doppleganger War" just got moved to Year Zero to become background for the campaign (and an excuse to take out many of the existing superheroes in the city, making way for the PCs).

The characters are all new superheroes (active less than 3 months), who will be asked to join The New Defenders. Characters must be heroic, and happy to work together as a team (no lone wolf characters). Characters will be built to 25 points (street level). If you aren't familiar with Megapolis, it's fine - details about the setting will be provided to players.

The style of the world is what BASH called "Modern Age" in it's sample settings. The style of the game and world is similar to the animated shows of Justice League, Young Justice, Batman Beyond, etc.

Players will be expected to post a minimum of four times a week, although daily is preferable.

If you are interested in playing, please send me a PM or post in this thread. I'm also happy to answer any questions you might have about the game.

(To answer the obvious question of why this is a play by email instead of play by post, I just prefer the format. But if necessary, I'm willing to consider a play by post if people are only willing to play that format).
doktorelektron
Costumed Crimefighter
Costumed Crimefighter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason,

I'd really be up for playing in this game. Here is the character I would like to play...

Let me know what you think Smile

Last edited by doktorelektron on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
jasonga
Unknown Quantity
Unknown Quantity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think scientists in superhero settings really need to think through their experiments (with a goat!?!) more before they do them Smile

Kidding aside, that character seems fine. I'll drop you a PM with my email address, and we can talk more.

Cheers,
Jason
jasonga
Unknown Quantity
Unknown Quantity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the interest people have had in the game. The game is now full. If any vacancies open up in the future, I'll post again here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Play-by-Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: