Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
26 September 2017 07:32:01 UTC (GMT +0)

BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - Welcome!!

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you here! I've run plenty of high-power stuff myself with it, so I hope it works as well for you.
Harrigan
Costumed Crimefighter
Costumed Crimefighter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably should have posted here before assaulting the other threads.

Hi folks I haven't met yet -- Harrigan here, long-time (LONG-time) gamer and fan of all manner of supers games, especially of the PBEM / Play-by-Post variety. Just diving into Bash! right now, and really liking what I'm seeing...
Smashismo
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I should say hello. I'm returning to tabletop after a very lengthy game. I originally began playing in my early teens and played in various Rifts, Cyberpunk, D&D and WoD campaigns. Strangely, and sadly for me, I never got to play in a Supers setting- the very thing I most wanted to play in!

I'm very rusty and have looked at other systems but found them to be a little too crunchy for me. I'm thrilled at the idea of running BASH but a little skeptical as it will be my first time as a GM.

Looking forward to browsing the forums and getting to know some of you. I genuinely feel like BASH is a keeper and, providing i can find players, I will be playing it for some time to come.

p.s. Anybody who fancies gaming via skype or other means please drop me a PM- I would love the chance to play.
Diamondfist
Unknown Quantity
Unknown Quantity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I am a somewhat veteran of fantasy RPGs, got into sci-fi RPGs a couple of years back. I have heard of Superhero RPGs in the mid/late '80s, but never tried one.

A fellow forum member on another board recommended BASH Ultimate to me, and after looking into this system, it looks quite appealing. I've always loved super hero comics (Spider-Man is my all-time favorite) and my only regret is not trying this sooner; although I'm usually late getting to things; in this case it might have worked out well.

I'm looking forward to learning this cool-looking game and hopefully having some fun interacting with this great community here (I'm a bit on the shy side, so thanks for bearing with me!)
MrJupiter
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Diamondfist! I did jump into supers games back in the eighties but dropped out from them pretty much by the early nineties. BASH (1st edition) is what rekindled my love for this genre: and it's still my #1 favorite game 3 years later!

I'm glad you waited for it!
fairytalejedi
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I'm a BASH newbie and I just joined the forum. I've had a Marvel (FASERIP) game going the past year, but we got BASH a while back and I've been reading up and really like it. I haven't played it yet, but might convert the Marvel game (MC2 inspired) and give it a whirl. Smile

Well, I look forward to learning more about the game and getting to know you guys.
Gramvandle
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all!

I am a recent BASH convert having played different RPG's since the late 80's. I love the super-hero genre and have written several different "home-brew" games of my own. I was actually working on yet another one when I finally decided to check out BASH UE.

Needless to say I am hooked. It more than fits every thing I need and the new issue of BAM was excellent as well!

I hope to get to know you all and get to hear about all your exploits

Chris
MrJupiter
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the BASH Forum, fairytalejedi and Gramvandle! Glad to see you both here!
Zabor
Unknown Quantity
Unknown Quantity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

Old school Gamer here. I stopped gaming in my 20s and most of my 30s. However over the last few years I have crafted a stellar gaming group with solid and reliabel players. Gurps, Savage Worlds, HEX, (no D20), Call of Cthulhu, Fate 2.0, and others (Champions, James Bond, DnD 80s version, tried Pathfinder but D20 games are not my cup of tea, and some that are lost to memeory). We started our first Supers RPG using Fate 2.0, however I find it clunky and often mysterious to players, my buddy is GMing. I need a clear system that is not to complicated (out goes Gurps) and I like to try new games. I recently came across the attractive Character Sheets and needed to check ths game out. I own it now, do not know how to play it, but will, and plan on running a game that will blow my players super leggings off. Anyway, nice to be here.

Zabor
[/dice]
Kinetic
Minion
Minion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Zabor! If you have any questions be sure to ask. I look forward to hearing how your first play session goes.
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see more new faces on these boards!
Diamondfist
Unknown Quantity
Unknown Quantity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hearty and warm welcome to fairytalejedi, Gramvandle, and Zabor! I hope you enjoy BASH! and the forums!
The_GIT
Vigilante
Vigilante

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies to everyone - I didn't see this thread before posting elsewhere.

I am a (very) long-time gamer who also loves superhero rpg's. The main reason,however, I joined the forums was because of the new game Honor + Intrigue (awesome game).

That said, being a M&M player, and having recently purchased the new Marvel Heroic RPG, I have become very interested in BASH! and will most likely be purchasing a hard copy of the Ultimate Edition very soon.

Love the forums and they certainly seem as friendly and helpful as the Savage Worlds, TAG and HEX forums.
AslanC
Zenith Comics
Zenith Comics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a hearty hello to all the new members and a hey I'm back around this place from myself as well.

Looking forward to discussing all manner of BASH and Zenith Comics with you Smile
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, everyone.

I'm Sijo, from Puerto Rico. My story is similar to most of yours- I'm a lifelong comic book fan, who also have dabbled in RPGs since the 80s. I recently found out about BASH! from the DriveThruComics.com newsletter and I finally decided to check it out today- the original version, anyway. I figured, if I liked it enough, I would check the ultimate version, if not, well it was just two bucks! Razz

However I'm glad to report, I did like what I saw. You see, over the years, I've tried various RPGs, from the very simple to the utterly complicated. I've decided that I like the more balanced ones better- the ones where the rules don't drag but that at the same time, are flexible enough to cover most characters. BASH! is the closest I've found to such a game (for superheros, anyway) yet. I haven't tested it yet, but I hope to do so soon. Oh and I want to find out if the Ultimate Edition is worth getting (and why!) For example, can you now use it to adapt the major heroes from the comics (always the big challenge with these games?)

In any case, thanks for your fine product, and for providing a forum for its discussion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: