Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
20 October 2017 12:28:13 UTC (GMT +0)

BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - Megapolis Rebirth

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Megapolis Rebirth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Super Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fairytalejedi
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Megapolis Rebirth Reply with quote

Been working on ideas for relaunching the Megapolis version of our classic team, plus a new character. Here's the background story and character sheets.

Kid Marvel - the boy genius inventor who was working on an alternative energy project at Megapolis University, accessing clean energy from another dimension. In this version, the lab accident which empowered the team granted Kid Marvel the ability to shift mass back and forth from the alternate dimension, giving him size alteration powers.

Chrome - engineer who worked on the project. He developed the containment device, made of experimental "programmable metal". The lab accident caused the programmable metal molecules to bond with his skin and muscles, granting him super-human strength and durability.

Fantastic Girl - photographer for the Megapolis U student newspaper, the Grizzly Gazette, who was covering the energy experiment when the accident occured. She gained extradimensional hard light powers.

In "Issue #0" after the characters gain their powers and learn how to use them, they hear about a crashed space capsule near Megapolis and go to investigate.

As in my previous idea for Megapolis, URGENT is a G.I. Joe style organization and they also sent a team to the crash site. There they encounter henchmen of a villainous organization called CORE (the Cabal of Revolutionary Engineers), a group of ambitious technocrats who want world domination.

The three newly empowered heroes help URGENT defeat CORE and recover the capsule wreckage. Inside they find a robot whose memory core has been damaged. She has no memory of where she came from or why she is on Earth.

Taking the name Vara (short for Variable Recombinant Android) she joines the team.

The new quartet of heroes joins forces with URGENT to serve as their new affiliate super group, operating out of URGENT HQ in Byrne Tower (based on the Earth-1610 version of the Baxter Building which I've always liked. Smile ) They adopt their Future Foundation style uniforms and become Megapolis' newest super team. Cool

Last edited by fairytalejedi on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sijo
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I like Megapolis and keep hoping it gets updated one day. Smile
MrJupiter
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great bunch of heroes and foundation setup for a super team, fairytalejedi. Bonus points for continuing with Megapolis as the game setting. I really like the name for the villain organization, CORE, and I hope that they will be a recurring thorn for the players.
MrJupiter
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I really dig the character sheets!
fairytalejedi
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. Smile

I have definite plans for CORE but I can't exactly when they will come to fruition. It's something that I can keep on hold for nw. Twisted Evil
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this looks really excellent.
fairytalejedi
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, BASHMAN. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> Super Builds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: