Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
23 June 2017 12:22:37 CDT (GMT -5)

BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - Using Cosmic Powers in regular campaigns

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Cosmic Powers in regular campaigns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH Ultimate Edition Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sijo
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Using Cosmic Powers in regular campaigns Reply with quote

As noted in UE, this is a valid option (and many characters in the comics use it, Scarlet Witch clearly has Fate for example.) As long as a power cap is applied, I think it is is acceptable. But I have a question: some Cosmic Powers allow you to simulate other powers; for example Creation gives you several Combat powers. But, what level do they work at? Since the minimum cost for a Cosmic power is 5 points, are they all at level 5, or level 1? Also, can all these powers be used *simultaneously* or only one at a time?

My take is that they work at Level 5, but can only be used one at a time (otherwise the power would be too weak, or too strong.)
xBlackWolfx
Mystery Man
Mystery Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a minion that has that one 'all powers' power. They're essentially beings from another realm that can do anything, and I mean anything. The only real theme to them is they're highly unpredictable (thinking of giving them a limitation that they can't use the same power twice in a given issue or scene). The world is primarily a street-level world btw. But I consider having a minion with a cosmic-scale ability acceptable since well they are supposed to be powerful beings from another realm. Though I think I would limit fights to just one of these things at a time. And besides, I do have other other-worldly beings which are much more down-to-earth.
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sijo, the way it works is every 5 ranks gives X ranks in the listed powers that can be used in a combination as you see fit. So if you have Omnipotence 20 that is like 4 ranks in just about any power. You could use this as 4 ranks in whatever you want, or 2 ranks in two different powers, use it to add enhancements to 4 different powers, etc.
Sijo
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bashman: So, all Cosmic Powers that simulate other powers work like Omnipotence for such purposes? If I have Creation in a campaign with a level 5 cap, must I buy it at that level, and then use it as 5 levels to be redistributed in the powers listed from panel to Panel?

Oh, and can the Cosmic-Level effects still be used in capped campaigns (For example, Creation 5 still makes permanent items, but nothing else.) And if so, must a "Price" still be paid?
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sijo those last questions are best answered by the Narrator of the campaign. The Narrator can choose to set that as a limit or not to do it. Personally I do allow some low-level cosmic powers for World-Class Heroes, but not everyone does.
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the previous question, all Cosmic Powers have to be bought in 5-rank increments.

If the campaign cap is 5 points, then you probably shouldn't be able to have more than that.
MrJupiter
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BASHMAN wrote:
Regarding the previous question, all Cosmic Powers have to be bought in 5-rank increments.

If the campaign cap is 5 points, then you probably shouldn't be able to have more than that.

Right, and that 1 level of, say, Creation (for 5 character points) allows you to pick any one of those listed powers to have at Level 1 for that Page. Next Page you might want your character to switch to a different power at Level 1 (IIRC).
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr J, to avoid confusion I always just say 5 ranks of "insert cosmic power here". I don't say "1 rank = 5 points" because I think that might confuse people.

But you do have to buy them in 5 rank increments.
MrJupiter
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BASHMAN wrote:
Mr J, to avoid confusion I always just say 5 ranks of "insert cosmic power here". I don't say "1 rank = 5 points" because I think that might confuse people.

But you do have to buy them in 5 rank increments.

Right. Thanks for the correction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH Ultimate Edition Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: